Protein Drink (Healthyping’s protein smoothie)
Updated: Sep 23
Ping’s Acupuncture and Herbs Center 02-12-2019
May this formula provide a basis for the development of other more customized healthy recipes.
Essential Ingredients: for two people
1. Almonds ½ handful
2. Walnuts ½ handful
3. Assorted Beans (fully cooked) ½ cup
4. Banana 1
5. Raw potato peeled one small
6. Ginger with the skin, the size of a quarter, and the width of three quarters
7. Papaya & Pineapple enzymes two tablets
Add 2 cups of water and blend well; the smoothie is now ready to drink.
Taste: lightly sweetened with a banana.
It is necessary to refrigerate the smoothie for the fresh taste. Since the drink can become fermented by yogurt at room temperature, it turns sour quickly but is drinkable and not harmful.
Drink the smoothie on an empty stomach or 1 hour before a meal. To avoid bloating and keep a healthy weight, you can dilute it with water and drink it as grazing food throughout the day. Adding water into the drink makes digestion easier and blood sugar more stabilized.
Beneficial to the health:
1. Good source of proteins, fibers, and calcium.
2. Raw potato juice is considered a good remedy for stomach/ duodenum ulcers, stomach acidity, liver & gallbladder problems. A slice of raw potato can soothe skin inflammations.
3. Ginger Root helps relieve allergy, hives, sinusitis, asthma, chronic cough, stomach aches, nausea, joint pain, and weight loss. Chinese medicine believes that most vegetables and fruit belong to the cold food group and ginger belongs to the warm group. It can re-balance cool and heat in the body. Since ginger blends with the skin on, the root needs to be blanched in boiling water for a few seconds to sterilize it before using.
4. Papaya & Pineapple Enzymes help digest high protein foods, reduce bloating, subside inflammations and stop joint pain.
The assorted dry beans first need to be washed well. Since unsoaked or raw beans could cause bloating and gas, the beans must be soaked in water for 24 hours then boiled for 5-10 minutes before blending. You may want to germinate because bean sprouts are highly nutritious and rich in enzymes to promote good health. The bean sprouts should be blanched in boiling water for a few seconds to kill germs and then rinsed with cold water before using.
Please do not eat the sprouts from the yams and potatoes because they are toxic to the body.
How to wash fruits and vegetables
1) Wash and rinse with cold tap water.
3) Blanch them in boiling water for a few seconds and then rinse with cold water.
4) Now they are ready to use.
If you do not have a powerful blender (3 horsepower), you can still use a regular one. To make the process work, you need to do the following:
Step 1) cut the veggies and fruits into small pieces.
Step 2) add a small amount and blend a little at a time.
Step 3) add enough water to help the blending process.