Protein Drink (Healthyping’s protein smoothie)
Ping’s Acupuncture and Herbs Center 02-12-2019
May this formula provide a basis for the development of other more customized healthy recipes.
Basic Ingredients: for 2 people
1. Almonds ½ handful
2. Walnuts ½ handful
3. Assorted Beans (fully cooked) ½ cup
4. Banana 1
5. Raw potato peeled 1 small
6. Ginger with the skin, the size of a quarter and the width of three quarters
7. Papaya & Pineapple enzymes 2 tablets
Add 2 cups of water and blend well, the smoothie is now ready to drink.
Taste: lightly sweetened with banana.
It is necessary to refrigerate the smoothie for the fresh taste. Since the drink can become fermented by yogurt at the room temperature, it turns sour quickly but drinkable and not harmful.
Drink the smoothie on an empty stomach or 1 hour before a meal. To avoid bloating and to keep a healthy weight, you can dilute it with water and drink as a grazing food throughout the day. Diluting the drink makes digestion easier and blood sugar more stabilized.
Beneficial to the health:
1. Good source of proteins, fibers and calcium.
2. Raw potato juice is considered a good remedy for stomach/ duodenum ulcer, stomach acidity, liver & gallbladder problems. A slice of raw potato can soothe skin inflammations.
3. Ginger Root helps relieve allergy, hives, sinusitis, asthma, chronic cough, stomach aches, nausea, joint pain and weight loss. Chinese medicine believes that most vegetables and fruit belong to the cold food group and ginger belongs to warm group. It can re-balance cool and heat in the body. Since ginger blends with the skin on, the root needs to be blanched in boiling water for a few seconds to sterilize it before using.
4. Papaya & Pineapple Enzymes help digestion high protein foods, reduce bloating, subside inflammations and stop joint pain.
The assorted dry beans first needs to be washed well. To avoid bloating and gas, the beans must be soaked in water for 24 hours then boiled for 5-10 minutes before blending. The beans can also be germinated because bean sprouts are highly nutritious and rich in enzymes to promote good health. To avoid bacterial growth, the bean sprouts must be blanched in boiling water for a few seconds and then rinsed with cold water before using.
Do not eat the sprouts from the yams and potatoes because they are toxic to the body.
How to wash fruits and vegetables
1) Wash and rinse with cold tap water.
3) Blanch them in boiling water for a few seconds and then rinse with cold water.
4) Now they are ready to use.
If you do not have a powerful blender (3 horse power), you can still use a regular one. To make the process work, you need to do the following:
Step 1) cut the veggies and fruits into small pieces.
Step 2) add a small amount and blend a little at a time.
Step 3) add enough water to help the blending process.
For more information please call Dr. Lu at 661 513 9265 Ping’s Acupuncture / Bamboo Acupuncture.