Acid Reflux / Heart burn
Updated: Sep 23
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease (GORD), gastric reflux disease, or acid reflux disease, all have a typical symptom is heartburn. They have chronic symptoms, mucosal damage, and abnormal reflux of stomach acid to the esophagus. Consider trying one or more of the following to help reduce the heartburn:
Neutralize Stomach Acid with Alkaline Food
1. Baking soda powder: ¼- ½ teaspoon of baking soda powder mix with 2-4 OZ water and drink; you will feel heartburn soothing in a few seconds.
2. Blend 4-5 lettuce leaves with 1 cup of water and drink; you will feel heartburn relief soon after.
3. Squeeze lemon juice (1 small or ½ medium of lemon), mix it with 1 cup of water, and drink. Although lemon is acidic initially, it produces alkaline ash after digestion.
1. Take 1 Papaya & pineapple enzymes tablet with your meal to help digest food ultimately.
2. Vinegar can help digest protein and starchy food such as noodles, pasta, and bread.
Eat More Green Leaves Vegetables: Most green veggies are alkaline and contain vitamin U which helps neutralize stomach acid, except green bell pepper.
Vitamin U: S-Methylmethionine is sometimes called vitamin U in naturopathic medicine; it is in raw cabbage, green leafy vegetables, and fruits. It demonstrates as effective for treating ulcers and acid reflux.
Natto is a Japanese daily food of fermented soybeans which contains good bacteria and enzymes. Therefore, Natto can inhibit H. pylori bacteria infection, which can cause stomach ulcers.
Probiotics (friendly bacteria): good bacteria can help reduce the growth of H. pylori bacteria, suppress infection, lower the risk of recurrence and reduce heartburn from ulcer symptoms.
Octopus Bone Powder (called fishbone in the pet store): take ½ or one teaspoon of octopus bone powder with 1 cup of warm water. It will stop acid reflex right quickly and also help with healing stomach ulcers.
Ginger Tea: helps soothe stomach pain, nausea, and heartburn.
Green Tea: helps digest fatty food, and it is also an alkaline tea.
Ping’s Meridian Therapy: acupuncture and Ping’s meridian massage used together help relieve stress and anxiety that help reduce signs and symptoms of GERD.
Most of our patients can manage the discomfort of heartburn using the above therapies.