Acid Reflux / Heart burn
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease (GORD), gastric reflux disease, or acid reflux disease is defined as chronic symptoms or mucosal damage produced by the abnormal reflux of stomach acid to the esophagus. A typical symptom is heartburn. Consider trying one or more of the following to help reduce the heartburn:
Neutralize Stomach Acid with Alkaline Food
1. Baking soda powder: ¼- ½ teaspoon of baking soda powder mix with 2-4 OZ water and drink, you will feel heartburn soothing in a few seconds.
2. Blend 4-5 lettuce leaves with 1 cup of water and drink, you will feel heartburn relief soon after.
3. Squeeze lemon juice (1 small or ½ medium of lemon) and mix it with 1 cup of water and drink. Although lemon is acidic initially, it produces alkaline ash after digestion.
1. Take 1 Papaya & pineapple enzymes tablet with your meal to help digest food completely.
2. Vinegar can help digest protein and starchy food such as noodles, pasta and bread …
Eat More Green Leaves Vegetables: Most green veggies are alkaline and also contain vitamin u which helps neutralize stomach acid, except green bell pepper.
Vitamin U: S-Methylmethionine is sometimes called vitamin U in naturopathic medicine, it can be found in raw cabbage, green leave vegetables and fruits. It has been demonstrated as effective for treating ulcers and acid reflex.
Natto: is a Japanese daily food of fermented soy beans which contains good bacteria and enzymes. Therefore, Natto can inhibit H. pylori bacteria infection, which can cause stomach ulcers.
Probiotics (friendly bacteria): good bacteria can help reduce growth of H. pylori bacteria, suppress infection, lower the risk of recurrence and reduce heart burn from ulcer symptoms.
Octopus Bone Powder (called fish bone in the pet store): take ½ or 1 teaspoon of octopus bone powder with 1 cup of warm water. It will stop acid reflex right quickly and also help with healing stomach ulcers.
Ginger Tea: helps sooth stomach pain, nausea, and heart burn.
Green Tea: helps digest fatty food and it is also an alkaline tea.
Ping’s Meridian Therapy: acupuncture and Ping’s meridian massage used together help relieve stress and anxiety that help reduce signs and symptoms of GERD.
Most our patients can manage the discomfort of heartburn using the above therapies. For more information please call Dr. Lu at (661) 513-9265 at Ping's Acupuncture/ Bamboo Acupuncture.